Make AltaVista Mail listen on another port
1) With a text editor (such as notepad.exe) edit the
file "_Configuration.dat" which you will find in the "avmail"
2) Locate the line that says "SmtpInboundPort"
3) Change the value to "2500"
Install and Configure Hexamail
1) Install Hexamail
2) You will now need to set the SMTP Server setting in Hexamail. If you are installing Hexamail on Windows, the setup program will ask you for the TCP/IP and port of your mail server during the configuration Wizard, or you can change this by opening the administration interface and setting the port on the SMTP Server settings page.
3) Next, set Hexamail SMTP Relay settings to point to your newly configured port.