Hexamail - Setting up MailSite
- The way to have MailSite coexist with
Hexamail is to have MailSite listen to another port besides
port 25 (the SMTP mail default port). Let Hexamail listen on
port 25 and then tell Hexamail to forward mail on to
Here are the steps to have MailSite and Hexamail coexist:
Move MailSite to another port
1) Open the registry editor (regedt32.exe), it is required to move
MailSite to port 2500.
2) Locate the key
This key holds certain configuration
information relating exclusively to the SMTPRS service (Please
note that your version of the product may use a different name
for the SMTPRS service, such as SMTPRA).
3) You should create a new value (use "Edit/Add Value" menu)
with a Value Name of "PortNo", a Data Type of REG_DWORD, and a
Data of "2500" (be sure to choose Radix: "Decimal").
4) Restart MailSite.
Install and Configure Hexamail
1) Install Hexamail
2) You will now need to set the SMTP Server setting in
If you are installing Hexamail on Windows, the
setup program will ask you for the TCP/IP and port of your
mail server during the configuration Wizard, or you can change this by opening the administration interface and setting the port on the SMTP Server settings page.
3) Next, set Hexamail SMTP Relay settings to point to your newly configured port.